Elder Hirst Week 71-Feliz Ano Nuevo

10:57 AM



I'm so sorry everyone but my weekly is going to be quite lame this week. On Tuesday my companion got very sick so we were in our house almost the entire week. I'll try to tell you some of the more exciting things that happened 


First of all, Tuesday morning we had our final district meeting for the transfer, as there will be many changes in the district on Wednesday. We did a white elephant and secret Santa gift exchange. My secret Santa baked me a cake, gave me some ties and a scarf, and gave me some candy. Then my white elephant gift turned out to be one of those CTR lapel pins (that we aren't allowed to wear) and a little coin purse thing. Good stuff. 


Also one day, we were able to teach one of our Nigerian investigators Andrew, and he's going through some really rough times. We gave him a blessing so he could trust in the lord. 

Last thing that happened that was interesting is we were able to teach a new investigator we found recently who too is from nigeria, named Emmanuel. He's a very good and smart man and really wants to hear our message. 

Well, you may ask what I did all week inside the apartment. First, I've been able to finish the New Testament which I had started reading a bit back. In fact I had a pretty memorable new year, I finished off the year completing my read of the book of revelations. Pretty crazy stuff... I think it's a New Years I'll always remember. My companion in the bed suffering from intense stomach pain, crazy amounts of fireworks going on outside our house, and I'm just sitting in my bed, reading from my bible in the book of revelations. How many people can Say they did that on New Years? 

I also was able to download from the gospel library app some of the episodes of the series "the Joseph smith papers." Very interesting stuff! 

And the rest of what I did wasn't very interesting, mostly lots and lots of reading. Learned lots of stuff though! 

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful new year. Crazy to think that I just ended the only full year of my life as a missionary. This year surely will be full of crazy and awesome stuff. But as I was sitting there thinking of all the unknown that awaits me in this new year, I read a great scripture. Mosiah 2: 41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

So I'll just hold onto that principle, of the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments.

Love you all and hope you have a great beginning of the new year! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)