Elder Hirst week 101

7:43 AM



Monday- on p day we went to a big palm tree park and then had lunch with an awesome family from ward 2 as well as the other elders from the other ward. Then, we just played ping pong and did some last emails the rest of the day. That evening we said goodbye to some more members and then had my final lesson of the mission, the family home evening with investigators and members. That moment walking home was quite surreal for me, realizing that it basically was all over.

Tuesday- a total of 11 missionaries from my group were on the bus from Alicante to Murcia and to Malaga and we all enjoyed the 9 hour ride talking about what we were going to do getting home. We officially could be trunks. We arrived and I was able to spend the night in the apartment of a previous mission companion, elder Owens who too goes home with me.

Wednesday- we went over To Fuengirola to the mission office to clear our iPads and turn them in. We then went and had a Brazilian buffet with president and his wife. Then we all went up to the mission home where we had a final devotional from our loving and amazing Mission president and his wife, then had a testimony meeting and ended with the final time singing the mission hymn where I got pretty emotional. Then, it was all over. Knowing we had to leave at 3:30 am we decided not to go to bed and we all just kind of caught up with each other.

Thursday- caught our flight from Malaga to Paris where there was lots of turbulence and I felt quite motion sick. Then we got on our flight from Paris to salt lake which was awesome. I set next to my former comp elder Greenhalgh and we talked the whole time. It was strange hearing so much English and people who knew us and stuff! We arrived in Salt Lake, I grabbed my bags and greeted my family and friends and mission Friends. Afterwards I went home and hung out with my friend Brandon. Then we went to the church distribution center to do some things. Then we ate at five guys burgers and fries Then that evening my stake president Sturt came to the house to release me. It was also a very spiritual moment. Then it was officially over!  That night I just truly awkward and weird and really jet lagged. But my 2 best friends hunter and Brandon came over and we talked a long time. 

Friday- Brandon, his brothers and I went to the draper temple to do baptisms for the dead and it was so awesome, I felt so peaceful. I plan on doing an endowment session sometime next week. Then my dad and I went to the Apple Store because I have a new iPhone 6s and due to the fact that I wrote nothing down before the mission I have literally lost almost all my stuff from apple before the mission. Oh well. Then my parents and I went up to Park City where my dad and I had a rematch at the alpine slide and I Destroyed him! I guess my dad slowed down over the past 2 years! We then ate at Billy Blancos, a super dank restaurant!

Saturday- that morning my buddy hunter invited me to go on a hike with him and his dad and sister and that was fun. Then we watched Star Wars rouge one! It was dope! Then my previous comp Llavinaa invited me to go to the real salt lake game with him. It was super fun! I too saw my trainer Danny Stephens down there and that was sweet 

Sunday- it was my homecoming! I appreciate all the people who came! Shoutout to Llavina, Stephens, Vanessa Anderson and her fiancé, Llavina's parents, elder goats mom, and elder Osguthorpe's mon! Also to all my friends, family, and ward members there supporting me.  Love you all! We also had a get together at my house and then later had a neighborhood walkabout and all is cool!

Well this is my last time ever sending this out. Honestly, I feel like one of the most awkward human beings on earth right now but oh well. Well Love all of you guys, obviously I won't use this email at all anymore. So If you want to get a hold of me, my email is samhirst130@gmail.com or my phone is +1(801)-696-7796

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)