Elder Hirst week 100

8:16 AM



Monday- well, just continued buying some more things here in Alicante before I go home. That evening we had a family home evening with a few member families and investigator families y Lourdes and Erica and it was a lot of fun. That night my comp and I started feeling strange...


Tuesday- we woke up and went to district meeting (still feeling weird) then this pretty rough week started. We both started vomiting and having other intestinal issues. We had exchanges with the elders with Benidorm and my comp wasn't even willing to try and go out and work. I went out with elder Neubert and we taught our investigator Santiago and he's doing well, he wants to be baptized but he needs to quit smoking first. Then we had the ward family home evening but at that point I was feeling pretty dead so we went back 


Wednesday- I think me and elder Kärn had the worst night of our missions.  We both had super high fevers and spent half the time in bed shivering and freezing, yet sweating like crazy and running to the Bathroom for various reasons. It was rough. We stayed all day in our apartment just miserable. 

Thursday-  by this time, I was feeling a little better. Elder Kärn was continuing to get worse. That evening we were so sick of our apartment though that we went out to teach. We taught Oscar and it was a rough lesson for us but he's doing great and progressing well. He really is excited for his new life with faith in god and keeping the commandments! Elder Kärn and Then went back and rested again 


Friday- I woke up feeling basically better, but my comp was feeling even worse. By the evening his condition was pretty rough so we decided it was time to go to the emergency room. The best member in the world, Giovanny drove us to a far away hospital and waited with us for like 4 hours before it was all over. Turns out we both had bad intestinal viral infections. I was feeling 100% at this point though. Then Giovanny's equally as amazing wife Norka made us soup


Saturday- that morning we just rested. Elder Kärn wasn't improving. But I had to go up to Benidorm to perform the baptism of Nancy! I took our district leader elder Sant with me, and the baptism was just amazing and such a special and miraculous experience for me. I felt so privileged to be able to baptize her, someone I had taught over a year ago in Ciudad Real! Daniel also announced that he wants to be baptized September 2. We also got the transfers that night and I'm leaving.


Sunday- church was so great. At the beginning of this transfer elder Kärn and I found a man who we taught and it was An amazing lesson, but the next time we went this drugged out dude was super mad and threw us out of the building and tried to rob me. So we lost contact with the man we were teaching. Well, we walked in the doors and this man was there. Jose from Palencia, Spain ! He said he had lost our number and heard what his roommate did to us and was so sad, he wanted to find us so he just came to church! He really enjoyed the meetings and many people befriended him. He was very sad to hear I was going in a couple days, but he is someone with so much potential. He liked church and said it gave him lots of happiness and hope. He is undergoing a spinal operation soon and said he wants to develop the faith that God will help him. That is awesome considering when we first knocked his door he said he was atheist and didn't want anything to do with us. Man, it was such a miracle. Many people at church gave me gifts and were just so nice. I sure have loved Alicante so much. That evening we ate with members Alicia and Rafa in their little cabin out in the fields of Alicante. Also, elder Kärn started more or less improving. 

Well this is my last time writing to everyone. 

This experience as a missionary has been the best 2 years of my life. Not just because I've been able to have so many amazing experiences in a fantastic country to serve, but because I've gained a testimony of Jesus Christ as my savior and have finally come to understand what that means. I've gained a testimony of the restoration of his gospel through the prophet Joseph smith who I know saw god and Jesus Christ. I too have come to understand the full importance of the Book of Mormon and gain a powerful testimony of it as a book that comes from god, that teaches us how to return with him. There is great power in the Book of Mormon. I have come to know these things as I have repeatedly prayed and reflected about them as well as sharing them with many different people from all sorts of background and cultures. As I've done this, I have felt the Holy Ghost assure me that this is true. Of this, I have no doubt! I love Christ, and I love his church. Here's to the best 2 years of and for my life in the Spain, Málaga mission. I love you all and look forward to see many of you soon! 

Élder Samuel Hirst 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)