Week 2: "Best MTC in the World"

10:57 AM

So this week has been just amazing for me.  The Spain MTC is honestly the best MTC in the world because there’s a lot of freedom.  



I’ve decided that today, I’ll talk about a typical day for me.  So we wake up at 6:30am every morning and shower. Then we go have breakfast, oh and the food is actually pretty good here.  Then basically, it’s just class and practice teaching all day.  We teach to 2 practice investigators every day, and the preparation is incredibly strenuous, because it’s all in Spanish and we really can’t use notes. But I’ve had some incredibly powerful moments in the practice lessons.

So now I’ll talk about our 3 teachers.  Our first one is Hermono Moncho from Valencia.  Remember how I used to complain about my Spanish teacher who only kind of knew Spanish? Well that prepared me for now.  Hermano Moncho is so funny, he speaks mostly Catalan but pretty good Spanish. He’s training to be a pro French horn player and he served in Australia.  He’s just so funny.  

Then there’s Hermana Martinez, and she’s got the sweetest spirit of anyone in the world.  She’s from Madrid and was a convert from the Catholic Church and served a mission in Madrid as well.  We all love her and she makes me cry every day.  Then there’s Hermono Visitin.  And he is from Venice, Italy and he served a mission in Rome, under President Kelly!!! Which is so cool, so mom and dad, go ask them about Elder Visitin.  He really doesn’t speak amazing Spanish, but his Italian is perfect! So now there’s my district.  We love each other and occasionally hate each other, but mostly we love each other. Me and elder whiting have been doing better and we teach very well together.



 I also forgot to mention our two hermanas in our district, Hermana Milin and Hermana Melton.  They are super great! So honestly, my day is just study, study, and more study.  But we always have some fun every now and then, and we are considered the crazy and fun district, which I don’t know if that’s good or bad.  

So last p day we went to the Spanish royal palace and a huge cathedral and that was cool and this p day we went to the mall.  Last Saturday, we proselyted in the park and I was with Elder Romney.  We got told to (insert swear word here) off quite a lot and I got my shoes spit on, but hey that’s all in the fun of it! Needless to say, it was a difficult day at the park, but we talked to a nice woman from the Philippines and a family from Finland. In English though... which isn’t good for our practice.  I’ve gotten really used to the phrase soy catholico, no interesante so that’s good.  Spain is still Europe, so the work in a little difficult, but oh well.  

Anyway, I hope all is well at home! Madrid is so gorgeous and i love that i get to see it. Oh and I forgot to mention, we go to the temple every p day morning and I love that so much.  but yea, I pray for everyone back home every day, and i just want everyone to know that I am doing well, and I’m facing each day with a positive attitude.  Madrid MTC is just the best, so sorry anyone who has to go anywhere else... haha just kidding.  Anyway, send letters, I love getting them so much, and good luck with the rest of your weeks.



Elder Hirst   

P.S. people saw my photo book and saw my sister, and I’m pretty sure every elder in this MTC would like to marry Alex hahaha. I just love this MTC, I’ve made
so many friends and it’s just fun.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)