Week 4: Almost Out of the MTC!!!

12:58 PM

I know that the subject of this email sounds negative, but in truth I absolutely love the MTC in Madrid.  I’m so lucky to be here.  Today we went to the real Madrid stadium and we saw Cristiano Renaldo!!!! Just kidding, no we didn´t... but if people in Madrid worshiped Christ as much as they worship Cristiano Renaldo, we would probably have a lot of really strong members.  So that was one of the coolest things ever, it’s so huge and our tour was way cool.


This past week at the park on Saturday, I was with Elder Gerard and we had an absolutely amazing day.  We placed 6 Books of Mormon and had a lot of really good conversations with people which is extremely rare.  So that was absolutely great and Elder Gerard was super awesome.  The rest of the week has been good.  We received 14 new missionaries in the MTC, all native speakers and they´re really cool but unfortunately they´re in the other zone.   My district has been doing great; we are just like a family and its beginning to feel like we have been friends all our life.


Elder Whiting and I are doing really well and we´re becoming great friends. Also this week, it’s been pretty cold and rainy, much like I’ve heard it has in Utah, but we love it because it’s been so hot here and we don’t have a lot of AC anywhere. 

 As far as the language is coming, it’s been improving but it´s so hard to understand people here!!! They slur everything and I’m pretty sure half the time they aren’t speaking Spanish, even though they are, I just have no clue what they’re saying.  I know it will come with hard work and time though.  Well, that´s about all I have to say.  

Every day is feeling a little repetitive at this point.  We wake up, eat, learn gospel, teach practice investigators, eat, learn language, eat, learn language, and teach another practice investigator.  Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays are different though so that’s good!  Anyway, that´s about all I have to say.  I absolutely love Spain and this is the best mission in the world, and this is the best language, and Spain is one of the best countries, and soccer is now the best sport to me even though I still am not very good.  But oh well I still love it!!!


 I miss you all so much and I hope everyone is doing well.  Until next week, this is my last one!!! So I’ll be able to email next Thursday and I think the Monday or Tuesday after that before I leave for Malaga.  For about a week, none of you will   know where I am in Spain. Just know that I’ll be safe and the lord will be taking care of me, so don´t worry about it too much!!! Love all of you, talk to you next week!! 

Elder Hirst

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)