Semana (Week) 3 in the CCM

11:46 AM

So this week was nice once again.  I’m telling you, I’m so lucky to be in Madrid, it’s such an amazing city.  So we went to the Prado museum today for p day.  Lots and lots of really neat paintings, I really enjoyed all the El Greco’s and Picassos.  I also have been working really hard this week. Our practice investigators are becoming even more and more difficult and without a full grasp on the language, it can be difficult.  But I know that we can receive help if we really try our best and rely on the lord for the rest.

So this last week at the park, I was with Elder Andrus who was an awesome kid.  We were being
rejected and rejected and given lots of, go away, I’m catholic, and we even got bible bashed for a pretty long time, but it was fun because me and elder Andrus had no clue what he was saying.  But finally at the end, we found a man and his daughter who seemed very interested and accepted a BOM and read from Moroni 10:3-5. He really liked it and said he wanted to learn some more.  It just goes to show that you have to keep on working and finding and never give up. It was absolutely amazing to have that experience and I know that there are people in this world that need the gospel.  Another thing i want to mention is just how awesome everyone here at the mtc is.

The teachers are honestly almost all Italian, and they all knew the Kelly’s from my ward.  When I say they are in my ward, they always just freak out! And the mtc president, president Luvell and his wife are also just amazing.  As far as the Alma district (that’s my district) has been going, we had a stern lecture from the mtc president this week. Sometimes, we struggle to focus and goof off a little too much,  so we’ve decided to change our name to alma the younger, because we started out not so good, but we´re going to improve.  I absolutely love my district and all the missionaries at this mtc.  We are all so close and everyone brings something unique to the table.  There’s a lot of athletic talent here, we have quarterbacks and star football players from around the state so sports are a little rough for me haha.

But anyway, I just want everyone to know that everything here is going well for me and that I know this gospel is true.  I challenge everyone to pray to our heavenly father, because i know that he answers prayers.  Just as it’s promised in the Book of Mormon, if we pray about these things, we can find out if they are true, and I know for a fact that they are because I have felt it in my heart.

Last thing, I get lots of questions about the food here so I’ll talk about it.  We have lots and lots of paella, at least twice a week, and lots of pastries, and lots of Nutella, and lots of yogurt, and lots of fanta.  It’s always kind of a mix between Spanish food and American food, and its good here, I like it. Anyway, my time is running short, I love you all!! I hope everyone has a good week, and i will talk to you next Thursday.  And thanks for all the letters, if found they take about 5-10 days, so yea sometimes it takes a while. Anyway, adios!!!

 Elder Hirst

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)