Elder Hirst week 99

9:33 AM



Monday- just taking advantage now of the summer sales here in Spain, buying myself some gentile clothes. There's always great sales here this time of year so that's super awesome. That evening, we had a family home evening with various investigators and members in the home of a member and it went really great!


Tuesday-  we had to do some various planning for the many meetings we have this week and the things we have to do in these meetings.  Then my comp and I were able to have our monthly meeting with the stake presidency and our mission president, President Andersen was able to attend.  We talked about the stake mission goals right now and some new plans that they have which were super awesome and we can't wait to put them into practice. Basically they want us as missionaries to do practices of the lessons with the members, especially the young men and women.  Then we had the ward family home evening in Alicante, and president Lopez (the stake president) even drove us from Elche to Alicante which was super nice of him.  


Wednesday- haha this morning was awful, we totally had some random things happen and ended up on a bus going to the middle of nowhere (my fault). But hey, we all make mistakes right? Then that evening we were able to teach our investigator Santiago, and we were able to teach the Word of Wisdom, and it turns out that he has some smoking issues, so unfortunately we will have to most likely postpone the baptism. He also doesn't feel ready, and so we are probably going to slow down with him and make sure he understands very well.  Then we just had lots of ward meetings and ward choir.  Man, the ward choir just cracks me up. I have no idea why, but all the members think I'm just such a good singer. I'm not whatsoever, but hey, they make me feel good about myself.  The choir director (who is the bishops wife, and literally the sweetest and funniest lady I've ever met) just stopped the choir and started applauding me and it was so funny. Then it was Erica's birthday so we went over and had dinner with them, and they invited some friends as well and they were super nice and we are going to see if we can't start teaching them!


Thursday- we tried doing weekly planning in the morning, but since I'm so sick of weekly planning, I decided to set some plans to go teach some people, so we went and taught a progressing YSA less active and he's doing well and we had an amazing lesson with him. (Don't worry, I eventually will do weekly planning in the week, it's very important to do) then that evening we had to go down to Murcia for some leadership training and it was awesome. That night we had to stay in a pueblo of Murcia called Molina and we were 7 elders in a tiny apartment (and only 4 beds) so my comp and i ended up sleeping on tiny couches and I've never had such a rough night, we didn't sleep at all! And it was super hot and humid! But it was such a good time, being with some solid missionaries and meeting even some new ones, it was a lot of fun. 



Friday- we woke up and went to our zone conference where i gave my dying testimony as well as a workshop for the conference, as well as an hour long zone meeting. So it was pretty exhausting. Then we literally ran a 45 minute walk from Murcia church to the train station, and I don't think I've ever been so soaked from sweat in my life.  Then we got back and taught Oscar, and from here on out, the miracles of the weeks poured in. We had a great lesson with Oscar, and he's agreed to be baptized in august which is awesome! He has changed so incredibly much.  



Saturday- that morning we played some futbol. Then another miracle happened. I called Martin (our Guinean Equatorial investigator who moved to Santander, the north of Spain) and he said that the missionaries finally got in contact with him and that he plans on being baptized next Saturday in Santander. I was so happy about that.  I called elder Pincock immediately and was like "DUUUUUUUDDDDE" and we both were so happy. Then that night, the other ward had their baptism of a man named Mustapha from Algeria. I don't think I've ever met someone who's had to make so many sacrifices to be baptized in his life. He sacrifices his job, his apartment, his former life, his friends etc... all to follow Christ because he read the Book of Mormon (in 1.5 months) and new it was true.  Huge miracle as well.  Then that night we went and taught frank Lourdes and Erica and gave Erica a birthday gift, which was a Spinner. 

Sunday- church was good, a lot of people we wanted to come didn't, but it didn't even matter because i got one of the best calls of my mission.  Nancy and Daniel (investigators in Ciudad Real who we started teaching over a year and a half ago and who now live in Benidorm) called me and said that Nancy would like to be baptized the following Saturday and would like me to perform the baptism. I've never felt such joy in my mission. I was just in tears from happiness. I said i would love to. One issue is, she wants to be baptized in the ocean, and after talking with president Andersen about that, he said that he would prefer that that doesn't happen.  So we'll see if all still goes well.  

This week was one of the fastest and most miracle full weeks of my mission. Our entire mission has been just full of miracles lately. Our zone here in Alicante has been seeing miracle after miracle as well. This week has truly been one of the greatest. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)