Elder Hirst week 66

2:22 PM




This week was pretty normal, sorry I don't really write too many interesting things anymore, I just fell like I have less and less time every week now. But hey, we are really just trying to help the ward and talk with tons of people and we're always seeing small miracles and enjoying the journey 

Monday- p day was great, my companion and I bought a ton of Christmas decorations and just decked our apartment out with Christmas lights and even bought a cheap fairly good sized tree. That evening, we visited a family that we had contacted a while ago from Paraguay and they let us in and we taught them a lesson! They are really awesome, we hope they will continue. 


Tuesday- we had district meeting and then we went down to Málaga for companion exchanges with the APs. I was with elder Holman who was my first ever district leader in the mission. We had a good time, we mostly taught some families from Nigeria which was my favorite because I love Nigerian people. I've learned at least a word from many dialects of Nigeria from my friends here in Sevilla, so I always like to ask where they are from in Nigeria and then say the word I know from their dialect and they always just love it! It was a great thing I learned from my last companion elder Reseigh. 


Wednesday- we continued in the exchanged and we just talked with a ton of people in the morning and it was fun. We later took a train back to Sevilla, ran to teach some lessons, and went home, planned, and just fell on our beds exhausted. Traveling is just exhausting. 

Thursday- we had thanksgiving dinner at the TGI fridays here in Sevilla. There's a couple here in Sevilla from Texas Tech university who are in charge of a study abroad program, and they've been here since August. They took us to the thanksgiving dinner they had there at TGI fridays and it was really good and we were so grateful for that couple. Later we met with Juan Carlos, from El Salvador. He's still having some difficulties in his life, but he's truly an awesome guy. We met in Burger King and he even bought us some whoppers to celebrate thanksgiving. We then stopped by our Argentinian family we are teaching and they are struggling right now so we just talked about how they need to put God always first and things will turn out alright. Then we met with our top investigator, Paula, and she's still progressing and everything, she reads every day in the Book of Mormon it's still just so hard to get her to come to church. 


Friday- we met with Gabriela the recent convert, and we talked about ways she can help with missionary work. Also today was the day they the Christmas initiative for the church started so we just talked with a ton of people in the street and would show the new video to everyone who would let us! Later that evening it started to rain and wouldn't stop until Sunday night... man it just flooded like crazy. But we were able to teach one of our investigators, Silvina, from Bolivia. She was a reference but she's having problems going to church. Later we had a meeting with our ward mission leader, and after a family home evening of the ward and it was cool 


Saturday- Saturday morning- we just straight up talked to tons of people in the streets then met with a member to talk about getting some references from her and her family. Then that evening every plan we had failed us so we decided to go to a part of our area in Sevilla that I've never really been to called La Negrilla and talk with some people there. There's tons of families with young kids so we want to work more there and we visited an awesome family of the ward as well.  They said we should try and work there more. That night we met this Argentinian teenager who actually was basically raised in LA so we talked with him for a long time, and he's a true California bro which was just awesome to meet. He wasn't super religious but he let us tell him about our message and he was a nice kid. 

Sunday- church was good, we were able to talk with the bishop about how we can help the ward some more. I really liked this week because they focused a lot about making the sacrament a better experience and it's something I feel like I need to improve on, in really preparing myself and thinking about it more throughout the week. The sacrament is such an amazing and spiritual experience and there are always things we can do to make it even more so for ourselves. 


Well I just still love the mission so much. I'm so grateful that I've been able to be a missionary for the lord and for the places he's sent me to and the companions with who I've been. Each companion had been a best friend for me, and each place I've served in feels like a home for me. I miss Cadiz and Ciudad Real, but Sevilla has become another special place for me too and I just love the mission and what I'm doing. I wouldn't trade it for any other experience in this world. I'm so grateful for the restored gospel and I too wouldn't trade it for anything else in this world. I know who God is and I know that he knows me personally. I'm so excited for Christmas because I can focus on the light that the savior is in my life. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)