Elder Hirst week 70-Feliz Navidad!

9:09 AM



Alright this week i'm not going to do my regular Monday- Sunday thing, because most of the week was just preparation for a multizone mission conference that was taking place in Sevilla for christmas and we were in charge of a lot.  But not a whole lot of significant stuff happened each day 


But, it was a really fun christmas week! On friday, we had our multizone Christmas conference which was way fun, and my companion and I were in charge of the talent show, so we did quite a bit of stuff and it was way fun. I got to see so many friends in from the mission, but man was it a stressful day getting everything all figured out and organized.  We did a talent with the hermanas here in sevilla which was like various skits of what it would be like if certain movie characters were missionaries, and it turned out way well. We can't take much credit for it though, the hermanas came up with the idea, but it was way fun.


We also had an interesting experience on Tuesday.  We had contacted a man on the bus a weeks ago and organized a day to meet and a place.  We met tuesday night and it actually turned out that the meeting place was his church.  Well we "taught" him but it turned out he was basically the like Stake President of all of Andalusia of this church and basically wanted to argue with us.  He was a very very nice man though, but his purpose was more to disapprove us.  After our meeting, he asked us to stay for the church services they were going to have.  We told him we would, and we stayed, but man... lets just say it was not something we are used to.  We decided to kind of sneak out about half way through.  I'll always remember that experience though!!! 



Also, they just built a KFC here in sevilla, and our good old friend less active from El salvador took us to eat there, and man was it so good!!! I love good old American Fast food. 

We also were able to get ahold of our number one investigator, but she was very busy this week so we couldn't really teach her a full on lesson, but we maintained contact with her. She's doing more or less well. 

We also this week taught our new Brazilian investigator, Claudio, and he seems really willing to listen and learn. The language barrier is still an interesting one, but we can at least communicate, and we have materials in Portuguese.

Christmas eve, all of us missionaries here in Sevilla 2 ate with an awesome Ecuadorian family in the ward and it was a wonderful christmas eve, Christmas in the mission is the best


Christmas Day, we had church, then as missionaries of all of Sevilla we had prepared a big lunch and one of the hermanas cooked a giant soup and it was very wonderful.  We then just played games and relaxed at the church the rest of the day. I also received permission to call Flor, one of my converts from Ciudad real, and it was so fun to talk with her, she's doing so well and it made me so happy to hear from her. I also of course got to Skype my family which was so awesome, always is the best part of Christmas as a missionary.  That night, we ate with the bishop and his family, and they prepared a giant turkey and it was very very good. They even also prepared apple pie, and the last time i had apple pie was back in ciudad real when Flor had prepared it for us the first time we had ever gone to her house.  I love me some apple pie. 


Well, there goes my second and last Christmas as a missionary.  The two Christmas' that i have had in my mission will be ones i never forget.  I think you just learn what Christmas is all about. It's not even remotely about what you get, it's about what you are celebrating, and being with the people you love.  Of course one big chunk of Christmas is lost as a missionary (that being your family), but you too are with people that you love. i love the mission, I love being a missionary, I love the gospel, and I love Christ, and I too know that he loves me.  This Christmas made me realize that the mission is kind of winding down, so i just hope i can appreciate it while i'm here.  7 months left, that's still a long time, right??? 


Merry Christmas to all, i hope you felt the love of Christ in your homes and with the people you were with.  Without the mission, i don't feel like i would have ever learned the true meaning of christmas. ¡Que Dios os Bendiga! 🎄🌟 


Also, I got transfer calls, and I'll be staying with elder Owens for a 4th transfer in Sevilla. I'm very happy about that! I love Sevilla! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)