Week 46 & 47: Ciudad Real, La Mancha District

1:18 PM










Monday- happy July 4th!!! USA! USA! I had a good opportunity to represent my country today but I'll tell about that later. We had a good p-day, but it's just getting so hot that it's unbearable to be outside for too long. We got hair cuts, then the elders from Valdapeñas came and we ate at Burger King, then we went to a little Futbol field and played a bit and it was fun. Than night I went proselyting with my good old Galician buddy Elder Kroff who's been one of my best buds since the MTC. We had a Great night and talked with everyone! We eventually arrived to this park and saw some guys playing some around the world in basketball. We didn't have any important plans so we thought, maybe we can play with these guys and talk about the gospel. We played, and I made my country proud and won! They were nice guys, they hadn't ever met missionaries in their lives either so it was good to talk with them. We hope to see them again Friday night.

Tuesday- Valdepeñas stayed the night and none of us could sleep very well for how hot it was in the room. Seriously, I woke up in the morning drenched in sweat. La Mancha is a refiner's Fire, in a physical sense I mean. I guess all of southern Spain honestly is, but the closer to the coast the less heat (much more humid though). We're quite far from the coast here. Anyway We went down to Malaga for zone meeting. This next transfer is going to be a big hit on the mission, due a huge group of missionaries finishing their missions, and not many coming in, so we will be closing 8 areas in all our mission this transfer... That's a ton. But it's all good. Zone meeting was Great, then we all ate some food together. Then we went back to La Mancha.

Wednesday- that morning was kind of the regular routine of go out and talk with a ton of people. That evening we visited flor for a bit but she wasn't feeling well so we went and taught English classes. We don't have many people in the classes anymore... And that was honestly the day, I don't have much exciting news to report

Thursday- weekly planning that morning. Then we went and unfortunately, all our appointments had cancelled on us. So we did a ton of walking and talking. We met this awesome Dominican guy and he said he'd like to meet with us. But honestly, we're at this Point where we don't have many investigators so we are looking a ton and it can be hard to find. But it's good to be working hard.

Friday- we went to Valdapeñas for a companion exchange. I was with my good old buddy from Olympus high school, elder burton. They kind of are in the Same boat as us there, they're just trying to find some new investigators so we contacted a ton. By the end of the night we had contacted over 60 people and faced lots 
of rejection, but talked to some great people.

Saturday- had to wake up morning to take the bus back to ciudad real. We returned and well, had to go straight back to traveling. We had a district activity in Alcazar De San Juan (I got my Don Quijote in for the day, traveling all throughout La Mancha) and Flor was able to come. It was a really well put together activity, and there was a good amount of people there (good amount meaning about 45-50 people) and there was a talent show, and it was a ton of fun. Flor really like I too. Also, we received transfer calls, but I'll talk about that at the end.

Sunday- church was great. As a mentioned, we're without any progressing investigators at the moment, but we have a great recent convert so I'm for sure not complaining. But we're back to the finding mode. Anyway, sacrament meeting went well. Afterwards, we of course ate with the members as usual, and then that evening met with Flor. Flor is just the best person in the world, she's one of the biggest miracles of my mission. I thank the lord every day for having put her in our path.

Well, news for the transfers...........

I have been called to serve in... Ciudad real for another transfer!

That's right, 5 transfers in ciudad real (about 8 months in total). The last time someone went more than 4 transfers (about 6 months) here was 6 years ago or something like that. So I'll be here until about September.

I was honestly completely shocked to find out I was staying. It's very rare that people spend more than 4 transfers in one area, but I'm of course happy. The branch here has become like a family to me. I know I'll always remember ciudad real as a very special place for me, with a branch that I value and love a lot.

I know Christ lives and that God loves us. We truly can develop a personal relationship with them, and that's what we need to do to find true happiness and peace. My testimony truly bases in the knowledge that God knows better than me, and for that i will always keep trying to press forward and accept the fact that I won't know what god has exactly in store for me, I just know he wants me to be improve and be happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Monday- we did a little looking around in shops and stuff for the morning. In the evening, my companion had a orthopedic appointment at the hospital so we went to that. Turns out he's got some rather bad knee issues. That evening, we went to our district president's house and ate with him and his family, and a sister missionary from our mission. Apparently she got lost during the transfers this week going from Sevilla to Alicante and somehow ended up in ciudad real without anymore trains to her area. Well, there's no sister missionaries within two hours of travel from here, so she stayed with the family of our district Pres. It was pretty random.


Tuesday- we had the final district meeting with this district in the morning. Alcazar will have a change and Puertollano, as Elder Hannemann is going back home to Utah. Man He will be missed, he truly was one of the best and hardest working missionaries I've ever known. The legend of elder Hannemann will be forever remembered in Puertollano. Later that night, we contacted a lot and also met with an awesome Bolivian family that we play football with. They're quite religious and are pretty strong in their beliefs but they said they'd be willing to listen to us. We also cooked a whole meal with them and the best part is it wasn't" go wait while I cook food for you" it was "grab a knife and start helping out." We made tortilla de patata which is one of the most common foods here in Spain and we also had some very good Manchego cheese.


Wednesday- well the morning we had elder Yates from Puertollano with us while his new companion was arriving. We had a great morning and were able to teach this really nice older woman in the park. She had a ton of faith and was very devoted to her beliefs but was very kind to us and was willing to listen. Later that evening we had our English classes and then we went and contacted around the city.

Thursday- weekly planning. Then my companion went down to Malaga to do his residency for the next couple days and I went with Puertollano which is now elder Yates and elder pincock. I love both those missionaries so much, they're such awesome guys and I also just love Puertollano, the craziest stuff always happens there. We talked with a lot of people and one in particular was this lady with a baby who had never talked with missionaries and had always seen them and wanted to find out what we do. Not too much happened in the evening but it was a really fun hardworking day.

Friday- more fun in Puertollano! That morning we saw a huge fight between these two guys in the street, it was pretty crazy. Then we taught this Romanian family that's only been here a year, so the language barrier was a little tough but we were able to share a message with them. We also taught a less active here who has some really rough circumstances, but he truly wants to do the right thing and be a good guy. He loves the Book of Mormon and is reading it in English too to try and learn English better. That evening we taught English classes and that was fun because I had taught English classes in Puertollano before so I got to see a lot of the same people again. We then taught their most progressing investigator who's from Columbia and he was way awesome and we had a great lesson with him. Then I went back to ciudad real.

Saturday- that morning we went to find the address way out in the middle of nowhere of someone we had contacted and unfortunately they weren't there. Then we did some more contacting in the morning and found an Ecuadorian lady that knows one of our members so that was cool. That evening we went by a reference we had received from some other investigators but they weren't there and later we taught flor and also part of her family participated in the lesson so that was great.

Sunday- church was great, then after we ate at a members house and it was really good. That evening we passed by some investigators we've kind of lost contact with but a lot of people have left ciudad real for vacations it seems like. Then we passed by the less active Bolivian teenager and even he was out of town, but his dad was there and needed our help with cleaning the house, so we helped him out and then we helped him cook some dinner which was a famous Bolivian dish, chicken feet soup. I discovered how bad I am at peeling tomatoes... But the soup was great and we were really happy to lend a hand and we were also able to share a short lesson with him. They're a really great family.


Last thing I want to do is just give a shout out to my second companion elder Mitchell. He finished his mission this week. He was such a fantastic companion, truly a humble and loving dude.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)