Elder Hirst Post week 61

7:45 AM



Monday- went to plaza de España again with some other missionaries (the place where part of Star Wars 2 was filmed) and that was fun. That evening was awesome, we taught our #1 investigator named Marta from Nicaraguan. She is going through some rough times but she's awesome. We taught the lesson in the house of another YSA member so that was good. Then later we taught some of our Nigerian investigators Andrew and Sonia, and it was sad, they are really facing some hard times right now. We taught them the Book of Mormon and told them we know the book could always help them. 


Tuesday- district meeting in the morning. Our district leader is a Chilean and as you know I trained elder Esparza who is Chilean I love Chileans. That evening we visited a less active and watched a conference. Later we had a cool miracle. We had to take a bus to go to the church from where we were and we saw it pulling into its stop from far away, so we just sprinted there and we have no clue how but we made it. We got on and there was a Bolivian girl who had lost her bus card and had no money to pay for the bus so the bus driver was going to just kick her out, but I had a little extra on my card so I was able to pay for her. She was super grateful and we were able to talk with her, then she was going to the same direction we were, so we walked with her to the church and showed her the church and she seemed like she'd be willing to learn more so we hope to really see her soon because all things worked out so that could happen so that was a cool miracle. 


Wednesday- we weekly planned in the morning. Then that evening we first had a wonderful lesson with a progressing less active, Maritza from Bolivia. She recently moved here and has been having some difficulties. Then we had a great lesson with our #1 investigator, Marta, in the house of a family in the ward. It went super well, we had a great talk about taking steps of faith. Then we basically looked for new people to teach and we had another cool miracle, when a lady from Paraguay called out "hola elders!" And we talked with her and she's new here in Spain and said she met with missionaries in her country so we hope to meet with her soon. 

Thursday- I had to go down to Fuengirola for the last time doing my residency. It's a long complicated process, so that's why you have to go down a few times. While there we ate at this American burger place called Taxi Angus Burger and it was so so incredibly good. Easily the best burger I've had in Spain. We got back pretty late to Sevilla that night so we just planed for the next day and then hit the hay. 


Friday- that morning we just went looking for people but not much happened. Then we were able to see our less active Yesus and invite him to church and he said he'd come. Then we went to the church because of this week every day from 5-9 we had a church open house and so we went and helped out and contacted a ton of people outside the church. It was fun 


Saturday- I woke up dizzy as could be and with a super crazy fever. We went to correlation with our ward mission leader but I felt like passing out so we went home and I basically slept the entire day. Oh, and it was raining super hard all day, and Sevilla flooded to the point where it was about knee deep outside. I'm not kidding, I have pictures. So i was super sad I was sick because it would've been fun outside in the flooded city. 


Sunday- I woke up feeling better (which was just deceitful because later I felt worse than ever) so I ate a ton (terrible idea) because I hadn't eaten for like a day. We went to church and my fever came back and then I got terrible stomach pains and then let's just say my system started clearing itself out... I spent about the entire 3 hours of church in the bathroom (that's why eating a ton in the morning was a terrible idea). Luckily some members drove us home after the meeting and I rested more. But I'm just happy I didn't miss church, I've gone 1 year and 2 months without missing church and I wasn't about to do it then. Anyway I was just sick the rest of the day 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)