Week 51: Ciudad Real, La Mancha District

12:28 PM




Monday- another burning hot day, so we basically just did shopping and stuff. Later, we taught Viviana and Mitchell. They are definitely devout in their religion but they're still open to hearing us and learning. Also We contacted a guy from French Guinea (he only spoke French and a little bit of Spanish so we couldn't do much there) which means if I meet someone from Suriname, Guyana, and Nicaragua I can say I've met a person from every single country in Latin America!

Tuesday- that morning was district meeting and it was great. That evening, well... I've just come to the point that what I need to do my last couple weeks in ciudad real is find new investigators like crazy. So we just walked around ciudad real contacting. We talked with a ton of people and one Venezuelan guy said he would like to listen to us. Then the member Kriss called us and told us her friends needed help with moving a table out of their apartment so we did that and after, we made Kriss come contacting with us. We went to the park and Kriss was a machine! She talked with a lot of people and even convinced this Bolivian woman (that I had met before) to meet with us some time. It was way fun.

Wednesday-  spent the whole morning contacting some more. We had a great miracle too. We talked with this Peruvian woman who didn't seem very excited to talk to us at first, but she later told us she speaks a little English and wants to practice so we invited her to come to English classes that evening. She came and we of course ended up talking about religion. She said when she was 9, her parents and her listened to the missionaries and even read a lot of the Book of Mormon with them. She basically knew the whole story of it and she said she
believes it is true!!! So we are definitely going to meet with her soon. Her name is Gaby. The Book of Mormon brings miracles... At the end of the class she said that when we had talked with her earlier she was feeling really stressed and angry, but that she felt a lot more happy and hopeful by the end of the evening after talking with us.

Thursday- weekly planning in the morning. That evening we met with flor for a bit and that was great. She's getting ready to go to the temple with the district in Late September. Later, we visited a less active member and it just was kind of a sad experience but it went well.

Friday- my companion wasn't feeling well so we had to stay in that morning. I read the entire book of Acts in the bible during that time. Paul is one of my biggest heroes in the scriptures. That evening we went to do some financial stuff in the branch with our branch president. Later we visited Jenny Yeranni and Valentine and Yeranni just got back from the EFY of Spain and she really liked it. We had a great lesson with them

Saturday- we still had financial stuff in the branch to do so we did that, and then we deep cleaned the church cuz it was a little dirty. That evening we met with Viviana and Mitchell. They're progressing... Little by little. Mitchell was able to say a great prayer at the end, he said he was so grateful for the Mormons who had gone to his house and hoped they would return soon. For 9 years old, he's such a devout kid, it's awesome. Then we visited our district president and his family that evening and it was great, I love the Sanz family

Sunday- we had a good day at church. More people there than the last week so that's good. Basically this whole month I've had to play piano for sacrament meeting, so that's been way fun. It's a great opportunity to be able to be so involved with the branch.  It truly is a blessing. For lunch, as always, we ate with the member Ana and her family, and we had the famous Spanish food, Migas! I love Migas, it's just a perfect food. It's basically fried chopped up bread crumbs with ham, sausage, green pepper, grapes, and melon all mixed together. It really is a great combination. That evening we met with flor again and were even able to talk with her twin sons as well. It was a great evening.

If you asked me in the beginning of my mission what was one of my favorite things in the mission, I would have said the people. If you asked me now what is my favorite thing in the mission, It would be the same, the people. And it's not just meeting people that I refer to, rather it's the privilege of being a missionary and serving these
people and more than anything, inviting them to follow Christ whether they're a member or an investigator. Each person I meet is a son or daughter of a Heavenly Father and I feel closer to Him as I invite these people to feel the joy I have in the gospel. The next week is most likely going to be my last week in ciudad real, and I'm truly really sad to leave these people. I love this branch so much and all the people I've been able meet here in ciudad real. I am so happy now that I was able to serve 5 transfers here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)