Week 52: Ciudad Real, La Mancha District

5:44 PM


Monday- it was a good p day. Everything was closed for a giant holiday in Spain so we couldn't do much, but we visited the Padraja family in Migueltura and they cut my hair and it was funny because they cut it way short, and I don't mind because like I told them, I'm not here to impress anyone. One goal on my mission is to learn to cut my own hair, but it's just kind of a risky thing to do... Anyway we ate at their house. That evening was complicated because there was a giant parade in the streets, and it was a religious holiday so contacting was a bit difficult. Someone called me disrespectful for it so I felt a little bad, but I knew I wasn't being disrespectful they just took our presence a little offensively I suppose.




Tuesday- district meeting was great. That evening was just a lot of trying to get ahold of new investigators that we haven't seen in a while and contacting and we did get ahold of one, but they don't want anything anymore so that was a bummer. We did get to meet with some investigators a little bit but they didn't have time for a lesson so they gave us a giant watermelon from their farm and we left.  Then we found another old investigator and he was this giant Dominican guy! He said we could also come back the next day.

Wednesday- Wednesday was basically the same idea as Tuesday evening, just find some investigators we haven't seen for a while. We got ahold of 1, but he said we could come back the next day. Then we went contacting in a park and talked with some great people. Later, we went to the Dominicans house but he wasn't there.  Then we had English classes, and then we met with our new investigator Gabby from Peru. We had a great lesson with her and I think she's going to be such a good investigator here!



Thursday- weekly planing in the morning. That evening we taught Flor and had a solid lesson with her, she's still doing so amazing. Then we met with our friend Jose to help him with his English. He also did some sweet magic tricks for us! Then we contacted some nice people in the streets.


Friday- that morning we got transfer calls. They're going to "white wash" ciudad real or in other words, take both of us out and put new missionaries here. Me, because I have a lot of time here, and elder Esparza is going to an area with a car so they can figure out his tendenitis. I'll tell more of that at the end. Then we taught Mitchell and Viviana and we talked about the restoration but we felt at the end we should bring up the plan of salvation. It's something that interests them a lot so that's awesome. Mitchell said "wow I've had these questions in my entire life and the Book of Mormon just answered all of the questions." I love hearing that! That evening we had some issues with other missionaries accidentally going to Madrid on the train and since we're the stop before Madrid we have to always help with the problem so we did that and it was all good.

Saturday- it was a morning where I just wanted to contact because the next few days will be nothing but goodbyes, so I wanted a little more ciudad real contacting. Then we had an amazing lunch with flor. She and her family made us paella. They're the best. That evening we wen to say goodbye to Nieves.

Sunday- church was great, I gave a talk. It was sad saying goodbye to many of the members, and it was super sad sitting there thinking that it was my last time in the branch of ciudad real. I'll miss this placean incredible amount. We had our last Sunday lunch with Ana and her family and it was great. Then we met with Flor to say goodbye to her. It was such a powerful moment hearing her testimony and how much she appreciates the restored gospel and was so thankful we could find her that day on Sunday. We shared with her that she was god's answer to our prayers. It was so sad saying goodbye to flor, she is really special to us.


Well, the transfers. I always have to do it all dramatically, using a scripture my 2nd companion elder Mitchell shared with me when I was transferred from Cadiz to ciudad real. Acts 23:11 "And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, [Elder Hirst]: for as thou hast testified of me in [Ciudad Real], so must thou bear witness also at [Sevilla]." Wooo Sevilla! My new companion will be Elder Reseigh who I think is from Idaho? He was in the office for a while so I kind of know him. I'll be the in the 2nd ward of Sevilla which has 6 missionaries in it. It'll be really weird for me going from a small city and branch of 15-30 members and 2 missionaries, to a gigantic city of 2 wards with 6 missionaries in each Ward. It'll be super overwhelming but I'm excited.  But ciudad real has become like my 2nd home, so I'll truly miss it a ton and all the members here. But a new adventure awaits! Oh and My companion is going to Sanlúcar with is a pueblo of Cadiz and another branch so that's cool.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)