Week 16: Cadiz Casco Antiguo, Cadiz District

11:57 AM


Monday- such a cool p-day!!!! Me and elder Stephens for our last p day, had permission from president to go spend all day in Gibraltar. It was way cool! It was such culture shock because I didn't know what language to speak it was always a guessing game if someone spoke English or Spanish or both. Also, it didn't feel like Spain at all, it was a strange feeling. So we went to a Filipino restaurant owned by a member here in Gibraltar that the elders told us we should go and that was way good and she hooked us up! And something cool happened there. This awesome British guy who works in Chiclana but comes to Gibraltar a lot started talking to us. He told us that he could tell we were Mormons the second we walked in just because of the way we presented ourselves and our appearance and attitude. It's interesting how that works. The guy was way nice too and we talked all about England especially my favorite show top gear! Then we climbed Gibraltar and I tried preaching to the monkeys and they climbed on my head. Doesn't look like we'll have any investigators from that experience. But it was so cool and the monkeys were crazy! We also could see Morocco from the top which was cool. Then on the way back to the border to Spain, through customs we just about had a problem. The police stopped us because Elder Stephens DNI (residency card) has been expired for three months. The guy basically threatened to arrest him and said he had to come to the police station in Cadiz Wednesday otherwise they will try to come find him. Which is a problem because elder Stephens goes to Alicante on Wednesday. So I guess we'll figure that out.


Tuesday- My last day with Elder Stephens.  I'm writing this after he left so I guess it's a little different writing it now than it would have been before he left.  But I guess all I can say is that I loved being with Elder Stephens so much and he was so cool and I'm going to miss him a lot.  He really was the best trainer for me in the world and it's almost like when I left my parents when he left me.  I've just decided I really don't like change at all.  I thought I was better with it, but I don't think I am.  Anyway, we had our final district meeting and said goodbye to everyone that is leaving which is like everyone.  Then we went and said goodbye to all the members and our investigators that we were super close with.  It was a sad moment. Elder Stephens was here for such a short time. But that's just how mission life is and I know that everything that happens on a mission happens for a reason.


Wednesday- So I had to wake up at 4:25a.m in the morning to go to the train station with Elder Stephens.  So he left at around 5:45 and I had to wait for my train to go to San Fernando for 30 minutes... all alone.  It was the strangest feeling in the world.  Then I eventually got to San Fernando and was with Elder Kroff from A coruna Spain all day! He's been one of my best friends since the MTC so it was so fun being with him.  We started in his area of San Fernando and not too much happened, then we returned to my area of Cadiz. And there were some miracles. We met with Javi and played some ping pong, then taught him the restoration and stuff and then invited him to be baptized and he said yes! His date is for January 17th so he can have his parents all okay with it and stuff. Then after, my new companion Elder Mitchell arrived and he's way cool! So we are going to have a good time here in Cadiz!


Thursday- today was a great day. We just did some weekly planning in the morning and then for the first time Elder Mitchell ate at Juani's and loved it! Then we went and met with lots of members and it was way good and we are definitely going to have the members work a ton with us this transfer! Elder Mitchell is a very good missionary and I'm super excited to work with him here. But that night was a little miserable for me. So we ate at Juani's and then after (without my previous knowledge of this) we ate again at Jorge's. I'm very bad at saying no to people offering me food. And let's just say I really need to be better at that because I had a bad night...

Friday- so I took elder Mitchell to see all of our less actives and that was fun. We met with juan Who served a mission in Bilbao but went Inactive but he believes all of it and wants to return and he has been. Then we met with Javi a little and discussed if he had received an answer from god in his prayers.  He said he is still waiting so we discussed what he is expecting to receive for an answer.  So that was a good lesson.  Then we went and ate at Milagros Y Gullermo and her less active daughter, Gloria, was there and that was a good lesson. Gloria lives in Chiclana and so we told the elder's there to find her and see what they could do.  Then the greatest thing happened.  I have pretended that Member Juan is a new investigator of ours and have told Elder Mitchell that and had set everything up with Juan.  We went and met with him and Juan pulled out the hardest questions I've ever heard!! Elder Mitchell was kind of freaking out but he actually answered them well.  Then we told him Juan was actually a member and return missionary and we all had a very good laugh.


Saturday- man, Futbol was canceled this morning so that was sad :'( but so in the morning, elder Mitchell had to to baptismal interviews for a family of 4 that's going to be baptized here in Cadiz that the hermanas have been teaching for almost 5 months now. Goes to show that everyone has their own time. Then we had a day of really trying to talk to people in the streets. Out of the many many people we tried taking to, 2 gave us there information so that was good. We also visited a less active member because that is a lot of what we do here in Cadiz.

Sunday- so our church in Cadiz was closed because they sprayed for bugs, so we had to go to San Fernando for church. Not much of our ward was there and none of our investigators were, so that made church feel weird. Then, our zone gathered again at the church in San Fernando that night to watch the church Christmas broadcast and to also dedicate the brand new building as the stake center. It was a very good (15 minute) dedicatory prayer and I loved the Christmas broadcast so much, especially the music. I can't believe how nice that building in San Fernando is, it was just opened a week before I arrived in the field, and it's one of the nicest buildings I've been in, even beating Utah churches! And the bishopric there has kept it so nice, it's so clean and feels so spiritual inside, I love it! And that was about our whole day other than trying to get ahold of people in the area book.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)