Elder Hirst week 77

2:43 PM



Monday- We had a fun p day, we went to the famous plaza de España (like my 6th time going or something) and ate lunch with all the the missionaries in Sevilla and it was a good time.  That evening I just said my goodbyes to a few people, including our amazing investigator Jorge who's doing really well, I'm going to miss him a lot.  


Tuesday- We had district meeting in the morning, and it was a sad district meeting, i truly really loved this district this last transfer, it was one of my favorites in my entire mission, but it was a good way to end things off and I feel very grateful to have served here in Sevilla with such a solid group of missionaries. That evening, it was just more goodbyes to investigators and other people, man transfers are the hardest part of the mission for me, i get really attached to places and people, so i always start to feel like homesick (for the lack of a better word) of my previous area.  Sevilla truly has been an amazing place and god has given me the opportunity to meet such great people. I'll sure miss it

Wednesday- it was a crazy day! I had to catch a train to my favorite place ever for a 6 hour layover... i left from Sevilla and had to stop in Ciudad Real, my previous area where i was at for over 7 months! I had been in contact with the missionaries currently there and they had set up some appointments so i got to go visit my convert Flor (which was such an amazing experience to see her again, shes doing so awesome in the gospel) and some other members as well. It was such a tender mercy from the lord to see people who i love from that area too. Then later i took another train from Ciudad Real to alicante where i met up with my companion elder Greenhalgh! I think i''ve mentioned this, but elder Greenhalgh is in my group and we were in the same district in the MTC in Madrid and good friends there and so it is so fun to see him again and to actually be his companion! He's an amazing missionary too 


Thursday- we did weekly planning in the morning and we have a really awesome area here in Alicante.  Alicante is very interesting, people from here take what they do very seriously, and are quite open people.  Fun fact, Alicante is the second most populated city of Jehovahs Witnesses in the world, so it's like the equivalent of Rexberg Idaho (or maybe Gilbert Arizona) for Mormons or something. But Alicante is like the promised land of this mission, i love it.  Later we had ward council with all the leaders in the ward, and i can already see that this ward is absolutely amazing and everybody works so hard in this ward. I was blown away by how hard working this ward is, its so good that last month they achieved 100% home teaching and visiting teaching as a ward! I can't name many wards in this world that achieve that very often.  I got to meet a lot of the progressing investigators of the area that evening, one of which is named Jesus from La Linea de La Concepcion. Jesus in Gypsy and has An amazing story and we are preparing him for baptism on the 28th of February. 

Friday- we had district meeting in the morning, and we have a cool district, i really like it as well.  Later that evening, we were able to meet with some other progressing investigators that are working toward baptism, it is a family from Ecuador and they are sweet.  We also were able to teach one of this area's recent converts.

Saturday- We taught some more investors in the morning, and then that evening there was a stake Priesthood meeting held in Elche (which has got to be the most beautiful chapel i have ever seen in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, it is just gorgeous). Fun fact of Elche, Ellche is the city with the most amount of palm tress in the world. There's more palm trees then people, and there are actually laws apparently that if you build a house in Elche, you are require to plant a certain amount of palm trees.  Anyway, the stake priesthood meeting was way cool, i can see that this stake has a lot of vigor and excitement right now, there was not enough room in the sacrament room to fit like 1/4 of the people there so people are excited about the church here. One of the recent converts named Angel took us to the meeting and he's way awesome, i really love angel. Also, found out that in my previous area in Sevilla 2, our investigator Rosa was baptized, so that was great news! 


Sunday- church was absolutely awesome and i enjoyed it a ton.  Once again, this ward continues to blow me away with it's amazing work. I'm way excited to work here in Alicante with elder Greenhalgh.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

The LDS Church

Visit lds.org for more information

Fellow Elders

Check out my cousins' blogs! Elder Jones (jamisoninparis@blotspot.com) and Elder Hogan (willyinmilan@blogspot.com)